Wednesday 21 November 2012

End of Semester Reflection


This semester in English 1080 I’ve learned how to be a more critical reader. When analyzing poems I now know that the form is often relevant to the content. When it comes to short stories I’ve learned how to identify an allegory. I find thinking about a story critically interesting because I wonder if that’s what the author intended for us to take away for their work. I like the blogging activity because it’s a good little grade booster and our essays aren’t the only things we get marks from. I found the studying spoken word poetry interesting, that’s probably why it was my best essay. I know that I shouldn’t assume that the poet is the speaker but in the spoken word poems we can listen to how the artist wants their work to be heard.
Thanks for a great semester! I’m looking forward to the next one!   

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed the course.

    ReplyDelete