Tuesday 11 September 2012

Introduction

   At this point you all may be wondering who is Jaymee? Why is she blogging and why did she call her blog "This is a Blog"? My title was inspired by Demetri Martin's This is a Book. It's a book with many different funny tid bits and I like funny tid bits. I also enjoy reading historical fiction novels like Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay.
   I'm from Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. Yarmouth is a small town at the southern end of Nova Scotia and I am very proud to be from there. I'm happy to be a maritimer because I like cool winters and hot summers by the lake and on the ocean. I am fortunate though to have a family that loves to travel. My two favorite countries besides Canada are South Africa, for it's magnificent landscape, and Belgium for their yummy chocolate, waffles and beer. I lived in Belgium for ten months as an international student in 2010. That's where I learned to love french culture such as films like Bienvenu chez les ch'ti and writers like Victor Hugo. I studied Les misreables last year and since then to see the musical live is on my bucket list. As nice as Europe is I'm glad to call Canada my home because we celebrate Thanksgiving!!! I love being with my family to eat turkey dinner!
   I'm at Memorial University because it is still close to home but far enough away for me to be independent and discover new things. I'm not sure yet where university will take me but I'm anxious to find out! :)
 

1 comment:

  1. Living in Belgium must have been an interesting experience. A buddy of mine works in Brussels and says it's got a great pub scene!

    Nice to meet you...

    ReplyDelete